In the summer, children spend most of the time outdoors. Skating, skateboarding and cycling are a popular form of recreation. However, a child’s favorite hobby is not always safe. Proper sports equipment and caution will help to avoid many troubles.
Skateboarding is a bold and adroit business. If children from 4-5 years of age can roller skate, then a board is a hobby for older children. Experts recommend that children under 8 years old do not stand on a skateboard
How to choose a skateboard for a child:
- The roller board is selected according to the height and weight of the child. There are five models of skateboards: 1st, 2nd and 5th are designed for an adult up to 80 kilograms, and the 3rd and 4th - for children and adolescents up to 40 kilograms.
- Pay attention to what material the board is made of, the highest quality are made from Canadian maple.
- Remember that each board has an expiration date, it is better to buy a board of the current year. The longer the board is stored, the more it deforms.
- The surface of the board must be flat. It is not difficult to check this: raise the board and look at it end-to-end, so all surface irregularities are visible.
- Pay attention to the track (fastening the wheels to the board), it is better to choose an aluminum track with steel bars, the board will be lightweight, but durable.
- The wheels should not be too rigid, no more than 90A - this will ensure a comfortable ride.
- Bearings are an important element, for a child it is better to choose bearings ABEC-1 or VES-3.
How to dress:
- Sportswear that does not constrain movement.
- Shoes should be chosen with a flat wide sole - for maximum traction with the board. Shoes should be precisely sized. Some well-known brands, such as Globe, offer special sneakers for skateboarding.
Rolling is not only a popular form of recreation, but also a real sport. Recently, the popularity of commercials has grown so much that even 3–4-year-olds get on roller skates.
- develops coordination of movements, endurance, quick reaction, harmoniously develops all muscles,
- contributes to the overall strengthening of the body.
- traumatic sport
- high-quality roller skates are quite expensive.
What you need to buy:
- Roller Skates
Raider sliding rollers or a simpler and cheaper Plasma variant are suitable for the child. There are two sizes - S and L (each is moved apart by four positions).
- Protection. Note that common injuries when rollerblading are the hand (35%), elbow (20%), knee (20%), forearm (12%), shoulder (10%), lower leg (6%), skull ( 5%), back (5%), foot (4%).
When choosing videos for a child, pay attention to:
- On the shoes. They should be lightweight, durable, with good ventilation. For a child it’s better to choose a soft boot,
- On wheels. Choose soft, polyurethane, they create a comfortable ride and are safer on uneven asphalt,
- On bearings - the most important part of roller skates. The speed of riding and the durability of the rollers themselves depend on their quality. The ABEC-7 bearings are of the highest quality, however they require more careful handling, as they are afraid of dirt. Bearings ABEC-3 or ABEC-1 are quite suitable for a child,
- To protect: knee pads, elbow pieces, gloves, helmet. Please note that any protection is designed for only one drop.
If your child really wants to learn videos at a very young age, and his leg is smaller than even the smallest size of a roller skate, then do not deny him pleasure. Two or three "extra" sizes on children's rollers practically do not affect the quality of riding and will not interfere with the baby.
- In no case do not allow the child to roller skate along the roadway, even if it seems empty to you.
- It is better to start riding in specialized skateparks under the supervision of an instructor.
- Teach your child to fall correctly: under no circumstances should you fall back, in which case the main blow will be on your head. If the balance is lost, you need to grab your knees and try to fall on your side.
- Do not allow the child to ride on a wet surface, on uneven asphalt, on the grass - roller wheels can slip and get out of control.
- Even on hot days it is better to dress the child in a tracksuit with long sleeves - in the event of a fall, this will save hands and feet from abrasions.
- Do not save on the purchase of protection for the child.
- Check the technical condition of the skates before each ride.
It would seem that it could be easier than a normal children's bike! But when choosing the first vehicle in a child’s life, parents have many questions.
At what age can a child start cycling?
In principle, a child can begin to ride from the moment he has learned to walk. For this age, a tricycle with a high backrest and a special handle is suitable for you to push the bike yourself if necessary. The bicycle develops coordination of movements and the child's ability to concentrate. Already from the age of 4, children are sent to the sports section, where they will learn how to ride a bicycle.
How many wheels should a first bike have?
It is better to start riding on your own on a two-wheeled bicycle with two additional wheels. When the child learns to maintain balance, additional wheels can be removed.
Is there a difference between bicycles for boys and girls?
Children's bicycles for boys and girls usually differ only in color.
How is an adult bike different from a kids bike?
An adult bike differs from a children's one in many respects: weight, wheel size, frame size, and the availability of additional equipment. Children's bicycles are much lighter, easier to manage, and the components that they are equipped with are designed specifically for young children, taking into account their growth. Therefore, if you want the child to feel comfortable and get maximum pleasure while riding, choose a bike from the children's series - if the child is under 7 years old and from teenagers - if he is from 7 to 14.
How to choose the right bike?
- The most important rule: buying a bike is best with a child. It is he who has to ride a bike. Give your child the opportunity to sit on the bike, ride - this will allow you and him to understand which bike will be convenient, it is worth choosing. We add that the country of origin is of great importance. Imported bicycles, as a rule, are lighter, more reliable and more thoughtful than domestic ones, as made of aluminum and usually tested by children.
- When buying a bicycle, many parents do not think about the safety of their children, which sometimes leads to very sad consequences. Therefore, when buying a bike, do not forget about the helmet.