Children after the end of the school year need a good rest. Fresh air, physical activity, water and the sun are necessary for the body to restore strength after hard work. Even if for some reason summer classes are required, take a break of 2-3 weeks, absolutely free from the workload.
It is unlikely that the child will gladly accept the news that in the summer it is necessary to write dictations in the Russian language or solve problems in mathematics. Consider, or better yet, agree with your son or daughter about class times. Of course, when all the neighboring boys and girls go swimming in the lake or play football, it is very difficult to seat a child for textbooks. Choose a time when the restriction of freedom will be the least noticeable. Classes must be systematic! If a child knows that every day or a day after breakfast, 30–40 minutes (no more) should work with a book, he will quickly adopt this mode and will easily be tuned to work. You can not punish the child by solving additional tasks, it will not give anything positive - only an aversion to the subject. Do not increase the duration of classes, if agreed in advance. Do not overdo it! Children should spend the summer with the knowledge that they have a lot of rest and study a little, and not vice versa.
How to combine business with pleasure
Rest is rest, and even summer activities for children should be summer in nature. With the help of imagination and small tricks, the solution of boring educational problems can be turned into a fascinating creative affair, and for younger schoolchildren such mental gymnastics will only be a joy. Use the elements of the so-called non-objective subject-matter training when a story or event becomes the basis for a variety of activities. For example, a Saturday picnic is a wonderful occasion to practice math: to calculate how many cutlery is needed for guests, add and subtract, divide and multiply the number of products
Children to perform such tasks are much more interesting and enjoyable, and the benefits are no less than the examples in the textbook. True, it’s a sin to complain about educational literature: the “Fun Lessons” series is now available in all main subjects, so you can simply arm yourself with entertainingly and fascinatingly written textbooks and workbooks.
To benefit ...
According to experts, the benefit is only from those classes that are competently organized and thought out. If you are studying with your child yourself, consult with a subject teacher first. Depending on the purpose of classes and the specifics of the subject, you need to select the necessary material and draw up a curriculum foractivities with the child in the summer. Now there are a huge number of study guides for all ages and levels of preparedness, designed for independent work. But you need to know what your son or daughter needs, otherwise all attempts to teach are doomed to failure.
- Summer activities with children should cover the necessary minimum, really feasible for the child. Do not overload your son or daughter with lessons - the physical and emotional health of the child is much more important.
- Children will remember historical dates and events much better if they are backed up with “live pictures”: films, episodes from books, entertaining subjects.
- Make a herbarium - this is not only useful in the study of botany, but also contributes to the overall development of the child.
- Hang a “notice board” above the desk, on which the mathematical formulas and spelling rules necessary for the job are written in large print.
- Attach small leaflets to objects in the country house, on one side of which these objects will be named in a foreign language, a translation will be written on the other side - the words are remembered more easily and firmly.
It is worth doing in the summer if:
Doing summer is not worth it if:
P.S. Try to really look at the state of things: it is impossible in a short time to assimilate what has been studied for a long time. A child who has not rested during the summer will not be able to evenly distribute forces in the next school year and will constantly be in the position of catching up.